Breitling USA is seeking a full-time Administrator to provide administrative support for the Lombard, IL Service Center. Reporting to the Repair Center Manager, the Administrator will assist with data entry such as logging in of repairs, entering estimates, and coordinating with other Service Centers for repairs, as well as other office administrative duties such as logistics as well as assist with answering phones.
- Maintain an accurate customer repair database, ensuring all information is entered correctly and timely
- Attention to detail and precise data entry
- Clear and timely communication via email and phone regarding repair status
- Coordinate with Repair Center Manager, Watchmakers and Spare Parts Coordinator to ensure limited turnaround time of repair, checking due dates, backorders, special promises, warranty obligations, and comebacks
- Assist in the physical flow of the repair cycle
- Ordering of parts for repairs
- Assist in opening packages containing repairs. Log-in all arriving watches (from various couriers, UPS/FedEx, etc.)
- Ship out all repairs, ensuring watch is properly packed and insured with all customer items returns as required
- Pack and ship all repairs, ensuring all warranty information is returned, and proper shipping labels and invoices are printed
- Assist in completing inventory counts at scheduled times throughout the year
- Ability to file repairs numerically, photocopying, scanning, correspondence, and other administrative duties as requested
- Ordering office supplies as need
Skills, Knowledge, and Personal Attributes Required
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an administrative role
- Able to learn and adapt quickly to new procedures
- Proficient in all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Previous experience using an ERP system is a plus.
Breitling USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.