Assistant Boutique Manager - San Francisco
San Francisco, California, United States$70 - $80 per yearRetail
Breitling U.S.A., Inc. (“Breitling” or the “Company”) designs and creates high-precision timepieces with an uncompromising commitment to design excellence. Since 1884, Breitling has established a global reputation, playing a pioneering role in the development of the wrist chronograph. Renowned for its spirit of innovation, Breitling has earned a place of privilege in aviation, science, sport, and technology. Breitling manufactures its own movements in-house, and the quality of every watch is confirmed by its status as a Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres (COSC)-certified chronometer, made in Switzerland.
The Assistant Boutique Manager shares responsibility with the Boutique Manager business development and assists in overall management of the boutique, staff, merchandise and customer experience. The Assistant Boutique Manager will also assist in achieving sales objectives, building highly motivated teams and helping to develop the sales team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Maintain floor coverage to support sales team in providing a luxury experience for customers. Set an example through client interactions and ensure highest level of service exists in order to meet or exceed store goals
- Partner with Boutique Manager to monitor performance goals and continually make necessary adjustments to meet or exceed goals.
- Address and successfully resolve client situations according to company standards. Escalate client issues to Boutique Manager as needed.
- Initiate and leverage sales opportunities with existing and prospective customers while developing and maintaining clients
- Support sales associates in Breitling “Sales Techniques and Service” and clienteling skill development
- Develop strong product knowledge as well as company history, information and news knowledge to be able to communicate to both customers and the team.
- Knowledgeable in current industry trends and technology including familiarity of competition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and behavior and follow the Breitling dress code standards
- Support all company initiates as they relate to product launches, customer service and selling
- Take full responsibility for the boutique in the absence of the Boutique Manager
- Leading by example, ensure a positive and professional team environment that promotes trust, integrity and superior performance standards
- Foster a positive working environment that encourages diversity, mutual respect and teamwork
- Hold coaching sessions with sales team to review performance and provide timely feedback in partnership with Boutique Manager
- Support and assist in the development of sales team to ensure achievement of company standards
- Assist Boutique Manager in resolving employee issues in a professional manner and in accordance to company guidelines
- Maintain thorough understanding of all company policies, procedures and processes. Ensure team adherence to company and security policies and procedures at all times
- Maintain inventory accuracy and shrink within company standards by regular follow ups with Boutique Manager/Corporate and executing initiatives as needed
- Support Boutique Manager in managing daily store operations
- Manage timekeeping and payroll with final approval of Boutique Manager
- Assist Boutique Manager in preparing and executing special events and community initiatives that promote sales development in compliance with company guidelines
- Assist in overseeing the repair process to insure increased client follow-up and timely resolution of issues
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Assist in maintaining visual standards with direction from corporate and management
- Maintain open, professional and ongoing communications with store management, peers and corporate
- Be a positive role model and represent the brand appropriately at all times
- Adapt to changing needs of the brand and company
- Where requested, partner with Boutique Manager to successfully on board new hires including training on company processes, policies and procedures, company philosophy and heritage and product etc.
- Ensure fair and effective scheduling of sales team to support business needs and maximize productivity
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Attributes Required:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in retail required
- Previous experience in high end watch sales preferred
- Strong organization, communication and follow-up skills are essential
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Results oriented and self-motivated individual who is able to achieve goals defined by management
- Highly flexible and able to work as part of a team in a demanding environment
- Ability to understand sales, budgets, goals and scheduling
- Computer proficiency a must
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Breitling USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.