Construction Project Manager
Wilton, Connecticut, United StatesMarketing
Founded in 1884, Breitling is a leading Swiss watchmaker. The innovative company defined the modern chronograph and pioneered the navigational tool watch. Today, it’s still breaking new ground as a casual, inclusive, and sustainable luxury brand with more than 250 industrial loft-inspired retail locations around the world. Breitling’s collections center around air, land, and sea pursuits, all captured in the brand’s unmistakable modern-retro style. The exceptional quality of every watch movement is confirmed by its status as a COSC-certified chronometer, and the brand remains one of only a handful of independent watchmakers to produce its own manufacture calibers. Combining classic watchmaking with the latest innovations, Breitling is both a company with history and one that’s ahead of its time.
Position Summary: The Construction Project Manager will provide support to all Breitling points of sale and ensure a high physical standard in all Breitling boutiques. This person will manage the installation of new boutiques and projects, the maintenance of existing boutiques, and facilitation of repairs. This role will be based out of our Wilton, Connecticut Headquarters with the expectation that this person will travel to our new and existing retail locations to oversee projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee onsite construction projects, managing inspections and quality control of all installation projects- traveling 50% of the time onsite to manage vendors and project timelines.
- Assist in bid process and GC selection.
- Track construction projects, identify potential problems and propose solutions. Manage Punchlist and project completion.
- Motive contractors and hold them to schedules and project timelines.
- Be a liaison between the boutiques/retailers and maintenance/repair related vendors (millwork, HVAC, safe maintenance, etc.)
- Manage, facilitate, and schedule repair workers, technical visits, and other related vendors to boutiques.
- Provide effective and reliable solutions to boutique facilities issues.
- Procure supplies – parts and materials needed for repairs and new boutiques builds.
- Track and maintain repair budget.
- Audit and submit repair and maintenance invoices to accounting department.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Critical Thinking and Analysis - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason in complex situations.
Education and skills required:
- A diploma from Technical School is preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in general contracting.
- Understanding of commercial construction, processes and schedules.
- Understand architectural plans, permitting, and building codes.
- Ability to communicate across diverse groups of employees and business partners.
- Familiar and able to interpret architectural/shop drawings.
- Exceptional organizational, project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize, and complete multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to expedite projects when needed.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours.
- Must be able to manage travel schedule and complete projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel up to 50%-70% of the time. This role requires regular onsite inspections throughout North America.
Familiar and able to communicate and or conduct business in mechanical/technical terms.
Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Breitling is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.