Wilton, Connecticut, United Statese-Commerce
Founded in 1884, Breitling is a leading Swiss watchmaker. The innovative company defined the modern chronograph and pioneered the navigational tool watch. Today, it’s still breaking new ground as a casual, inclusive, and sustainable luxury brand with more than 250 industrial loft-inspired retail locations around the world. Breitling’s collections center around air, land, and sea pursuits, all captured in the brand’s unmistakable modern-retro style. The exceptional quality of every watch movement is confirmed by its status as a COSC-certified chronometer, and the brand remains one of only a handful of independent watchmakers to produce its own manufacture calibers. Combining classic watchmaking with the latest innovations, Breitling is both a company with history and one that’s ahead of its time.
Position Summary: The E-Commerce Director is primarily responsible for the cultivation and day to day leadership of Breitling’s E-Commerce commercial business. This individual is a key contributor to the strategic business approach that will maximize E-commerce profits and enhance our digital presence. This role will lead our E-Commerce team by monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing strategy and performance for the digital markets. This role requires strong partnership with cross-functional teams to deliver a strong brand presence and maximize operations and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and develop team members on brand presence as well as ensure consistency in Breitling’s business operation and presentation across all channels.
- Lead all digital/e-commerce initiatives for the region while ensuring consistency with the global strategy.
- Organize initiatives to train and coach team members to reach KPI’s.
- Oversee e-commerce call center and ensure teams are delivering exceptional customer experience.
- Analyze data and sales performance to identify which products perform best in which channels and markets.
- Identify market opportunities that are useful to all channel partners.
- Monitor and track new launches and promotional periods for relevant consumer data.
- Work closely with global management to scope roadmaps towards continuous digital operations improvement.
- Manage strategy for omnichannel CRM, loyalty, and personalization across boutique and digital channels to drive brand loyalty and sales.
- Develop and implement operations to support marketing and product initiatives.
- Closely oversee stock levels and product replenishment for US & Canada.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Strategic Thinking and Analysis - Synthesizes complex or diverse information to make actionable recommendations; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason and informed judgement in complex situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Education, experience, and skills needed:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in retail (and/or luxury) industry.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in ecommerce and customer experience related field.
- Experience working for a global company preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally and communicate across diverse groups of employees.
- Excellent leadership, people management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and flexibility to travel within the US and Canada.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated high-level proficiency in report-writing, data analysis, and presentation skills.
- Problem-solving attitude with high level of professionalism and ability to communicate across diverse groups of employees and departments.
- Proven leadership and people management skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.