Wilton, Connecticut, United StatesFinance
Breitling U.S.A., Inc. (“Breitling” or the “Company”) designs and creates high-precision timepieces with an uncompromising commitment to design excellence. Since 1884, Breitling has established a global reputation, playing a pioneering role in the development of the wrist chronograph. Renowned for its spirit of innovation, Breitling has earned a place of privilege in aviation, science, sport, and technology. Breitling manufactures its own movements in-house, and the quality of every watch is confirmed by its status as a Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres (COSC)-certified chronometer, made in Switzerland.
Position Summary: The FP&A Analyst will be involved in the preparation of reports and related analysis for monthly management reporting, quarter close, quarterly forecasts, and the annual budget process, as well as various ad-hoc reporting requests and special projects. Key skills would include high attention to detail, strong communication skills, self-starter, highly organized and an analytical mindset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in monthly and year-end close in conjunction with the accounting department.
- Analyze all departmental OPEX, COGS and A&P on a monthly basis in comparison to budget and/or latest estimate and provide explanations for all significant variances.
- Propose journal entries for any reclass or correcting entries needed related to OPEX – A&P and prepare associated journal entries as needed.
- Prepare monthly departmental P&L reports for distribution to Department Heads.
- Track detailed A&P budgets with Brand teams on a regular basis.
- Consolidate the data for budget presentation and provide an overview of the financial status of all the operations.
- Assist other departments to prepare the appropriate budget templates.
- Prepare and review the weekly cash forecast, including comments of actual results to budgets and forecasts.
- Effectively use business systems tools for budgeting, reporting, tracking, and analysis
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Critical Thinking and Analysis - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason in complex situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities, required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
- 2-4 years of proven experience in related analyst role.
- Proven proficiency in spreadsheets, financial software applications, and business intelligence tools.
- Understanding of accounting and financial statements.
- Excellent reporting, presenting and communication skills.
- Ability to work with large datasets.
- Strategic thinking and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated proficiency in financial analysis and presenting financial results.
- Problem-solving attitude with high level of professionalism and ability to communicate across diverse groups of employees and departments.
Math and Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data to prepare accurate statements, summaries, and reports.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, with ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience with major accounting software packages (SAP).
- Advanced experience with MS Excel.
The employee works primarily at the Company’s headquarters office, generally during the normal operating hours and may occasionally work outside of these hours as needed. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Breitling USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.