Human Resources Coordinator (open due to promotion)
Wilton, Connecticut, United StatesHuman Resources
Breitling U.S.A., Inc. (“Breitling” or the “Company”) designs and creates high-precision timepieces with an uncompromising commitment to design excellence. Since 1884, Breitling has established a global reputation, playing a pioneering role in the development of the wrist chronograph. Renowned for its spirit of innovation, Breitling has earned a place of privilege in aviation, science, sport, and technology. Breitling manufactures its own movements in-house, and the quality of every watch is confirmed by its status as a Contrôle Official Suisse des Chronomètres (COSC)-certified chronometer, made in Switzerland.
Position Summary: The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting the HR Manager in all aspects of managing the daily responsibilities of the HR Department, including implementing and maintaining effective human resources programs, policies, and procedures to help Breitling achieve its objectives and its employees achieve success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform various administrative tasks for the HR team.
- Assist in implementing and administering policies, ensuring consistency in delivery of all HR programs and policies.
- Assist all pre-employment activities, including conducting background checks, collection of employment paperwork, preparing onboarding materials and finalizing systems set-up.
- Coordinate with IT and other departments for new hire setup.
- Assist in the onboarding process with scheduling, keeping new hires apprised of start date details and other communications, and collecting necessary paperwork for new hires.
- Enter new hire data into digital platforms.
- Maintain employee files to ensure records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Stay up to date with all federal, state and local laws to remain compliant in all locations.
- Collect and analyze all leave of absence requests, effectively interpreting federal, state, and/or local implications and company policies.
- Track anticipated Return to Work Dates and report to Leave Administration on extensions and Return to Work paperwork
- Assist PEO and HR Manager with anything related to benefits through PEO, 401k plan, DCRA plan, and the Company’s Vision and Physical Fitness reimbursement program. Communicating with vendors if necessary.
Payroll and Time & Attendance
- Review timesheet completions and escalate any issues to HR Manager.
- Document employee information changes to update and maintain accuracy within systems.
- Field employee questions about paid time off (PTO) programs and review tracking system for accuracy.
- Document and escalate any adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Follow through payroll submission procedures and review for accuracy.
- Complete various payroll related reporting and finance department related reporting.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities, required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of broad HR and payroll or related professional experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and ability to communicate across diverse groups of employees and departments.
- Proficient mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or verbal form.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality in a small working environment.
- Flexibility working with leadership and across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use appropriate methods to handle issues in a variety of circumstances.
- Excellent computer software skills, including high-level proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with HRIS/payroll and time management systems.
- Experience managing recruitment/career platforms.
The employee works primarily at the Company’s headquarters office, generally during the normal operating hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm and may occasionally work outside of these hours as needed. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Breitling USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.