Wilton, Connecticut, United StatesInside Sales
Breitling U.S.A., Inc. (“Breitling” or the “Company”) designs and creates high-precision timepieces with an uncompromising commitment to design excellence. Since 1884, Breitling has established a global reputation, playing a pioneering role in the development of the wrist chronograph. Renowned for its spirit of innovation, Breitling has earned a place of privilege in aviation, science, sport, and technology. Breitling manufactures its own movements in-house, and the quality of every watch is confirmed by its status as a Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres (COSC)-certified chronometer, made in Switzerland.
Position Summary: The Retail Merchandiser supports the North America Retail Channel (US and Canada). The position oversees all product needs to ensure efficient, well-positioned product flow and assortment in order to maximize sell-out for both existing boutiques and new boutique openings. The Retail Merchandiser is responsible for analyzing monthly sell-out trends and best-selling ranges to make recommendations that enhance allocation of stock and drive business performance. As a trusted partner by internal and external boutiques, the Retail Merchandiser ensures that the company’s products are present, and that stock is replenished as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform merchandising activity for all Breitling internal and partner boutiques in North America.
- Perform stock management and replenishment of relevant products.
- Support Breitling Outlet business through bi-weekly order management, stock analysis and product transfers between boutiques. Collaborate with the Vault in evaluating servicing of products for Outlet distribution.
- Provide superior customer service and build trusted relationships with Partner boutiques and achieve Breitling sell-in goals through excellence in stock management/orders/allocation and new product launch alignment.
- Improve key processes to raise productivity and output quality.
- Manage efficiently use of memo pieces when needed.
- Source product to fulfill backorders.
- Support the Sales Planning and Operations Director with special projects, including but not limited to preparing retail product needs forecast, in collaboration with Retail Director and maintaining accurate and current customer master data.
- Become a product expert: Obtain Breitling Challenge Captain certification and stay current on product knowledge.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities, required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of related sales and/or customer service experience.
- Experience in retail management in CPG environment, preferred.
- Background in client service skills and overall relationship management.
- High degree of organizational, detail-oriented and analytical skills, while simultaneously maintaining a view on the big picture.
Math and Reasoning Ability:
- Solid understanding of business performance.
- Excellent organization skills with thoroughness and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, manage time and work under pressure.
- Strong retail math and analytical problem-solving ability.
- Excellent computer skills, including fluency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Have the ability to create and maintain detailed spreadsheets using vlookup, sumif, pivot table and other key Excel functions.
- Knowledge of POS systems, e-Commerce sales, Salesforce/CRM and other ERP platforms preferred.
- Proficiency in use of the Internet and knowledge of web-based applications.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Critical Thinking and Analysis - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason in complex situations.
Communication - Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to communicate across diverse groups of employees and departments, both internally and externally.
The employee works primarily at the Company’s headquarters office, generally during the normal operating hours of 8:30 am to 5:30 pm and may occasionally work outside of these hours as needed. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.