The Staff Accountant at Breitling USA, Inc will have full general ledger responsibility, including month-end journal entries, reconciliations, and fixed asset and depreciation schedule management. Additionally, the Staff Accountant will support senior finance management with the preparation of management reports and offer assistance with the audit process. With supervisory responsibility for the Accounting Data Clerks, the Staff Accountant ensures an accurate general ledger with processes running efficiently in a sound internal control environment.
- Book month-end journal entries related to the financial close.
- Manage intercompany reconciliation with partners during month-end according to monthly accounting close deadlines.
- Manage fixed assets, and depreciation schedules (including Work in Progress).
- Manage and maintain various balance sheet accounts and monthly reconciliations, including prepaid expenses, accrued personnel, misc. accrual, rent expense, and deferrals.
- Assist with AR & AP reconciliations. Ensure reconciling items are timely resolved.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly management reports and accompanying schedules.
- Compile sales and use tax data and interfacing with external service providers to file and pay periodic returns. Assist with any state sales & use tax examinations.
- Provide support with annual external audit, including preparation of audit request items and schedules.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Undertake cross-functional tasks of Accounting department (e.g. Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable) or assist other associates as requested by the Finance/Accounting Team Lead when necessary.
- Plans, directs and reviews the work of the Accounting Data Clerks, while also providing professional growth and development opportunities for the staff’s advancement within Breitling.
Job RequirementsBachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university. CPA, or working towards CPA.5+ years’ experience in full spectrum of accounting activities.Experience in retail preferred with knowledge of accounting for inventories.Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).Experience working in a global company preferred; understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), as well as state and federal taxes.Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.Ability to work independently and as part of a team.Willing to take on new tasks with a high level of difficulty. Ability to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product.Excellent analytical skills. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data to prepare accurate statements, summaries, and reports.Exceptional oral and written communication skills, and effective interpersonal skills.Problem-solving attitude with high level of professionalism and ability to communicate across diverse groups of employees and departments.Experience with major accounting software packages preferred (SAP + Microsoft Dynamics GP Great Plains).Proficient with all MS Office Applications. Advanced experience with MS Excel.
Breitling USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.