Senior IT Systems Administrator
The Senior Systems Administrator is a key member of the Company’s IT team responsible for the installation, configuration and monitoring of various Breitling systems. The Senior Systems Administrator’s primary responsibilities include management of the Company’s applications and database software, system hardware and various networks. They will troubleshoot and fix performance issues while ensuring the overall security and efficiency of the Breitling IT infrastructure in the USA and Canada. Reporting to the department’s IT Manager, the Senior Systems Administrator will also create, review and maintain service level standards and ensure responses in a customer-centric manner within established SLA timeframes.
- Install and configure software and hardware for servers (on-premise and cloud), databases and networks, and serve as security administrator. Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in-house servers.
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Monitor systems performance and maintain systems according to established requirements and standards.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages in a timely manner to reduce operational downtime for all segments of the Company.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls. Control access permissions and privileges.
- Stay abreast of critical systems upgrades and ensure upgrades of new releases and models are implemented.
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly according to Company protocols.
- Carry out systems capacity planning.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications staff to ensure system and network integrity and security.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of systems.
- Provide full-service support for telecommunication systems.
- Serve as secondary administrative support to IT Support Specialist in areas of office PCs, desktops, iPhones, iPads, cell phones, building access, building camera/video administration and conference room set-up.
- BS or BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus.
- 10+ years’ experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, and Database Administrator.
- 5+ years’ solid experience with servers, databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management, including best practice knowledge on management, control and monitoring of full infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience in networking, routing and switching.
- Knowledge of systems security implementation and architecture (e.g. antivirus, firewall, intrusion detection systems).
- Experience with Internet VPN’s remote implementation and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated experience with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organization skills and high level of concentration, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be able to work thoroughly while multitasking and working under pressure, demonstrating good time management and work prioritization.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of various operating systems and platforms.
- Experience working with ERP systems; experience with SAP a plus.
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl, SQL, or other language.
- Sophos, Juniper, Cisco training a plus.
Breitling USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.